The Lady Turns 70

A forum devoted to Virginia Jenny Tinkle Julian and her 70th birthday. Please REFRESH/RELOAD each time you visit. Experience with some browsers is that the old (cached) version is automatically pulled up. Refreshing will ensure the most recent posts are viewed.

Friday, September 07, 2007

Next one to cross that milestone...

Sisters:

I think we need to consider some ideas for mom's 70th birthday this coming January. It's a little over 5 months away. We have a little time, but I don't think we should dally in our discussions.

Let's open up this revised forum for ideas.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mom has said that she doesn't want a big bash like what Dad had for his 70th. I think it is 74 when she'll have her milestone birthday - when she'll drink coffee and alcohol and smoke a cigarette. Now that is something to look forward to!

    But, I do think we should do something to celebrate the big 7-0. I'm trying to think of something Mom has always wanted to do that we could buy/arrange/do with her. I can't think of anything - can any of you? If there isn't something specific she's always wanted to do, we could just pick something she would never do for herself. Could be something as small as a day of pampering at the spa to a weekend trip somewhere with friends/dad/or us kids. Mom is more of the adventurous type than Dad so it would be fun to give her an experience she wouldn't get to do with Dad.

    Anything specific come to mind?

     
  • At 10:00 AM, Blogger martiniluvr said…

    i asked mom when we saw her on sunday what she wanted for her 70th b-day, yes i came right out and asked her. like leanna said, her plans are really for her 74th. when she plans to drink, smoke, cuss and get a tattoo. (i think i'll get one too).

    i like the idea of the glassblock window's for the house as well as the Spa day. i wonder if she'd like that? i know that she's not into massages, but should might enjoy the other stuff they do.

    that's my 2 cents.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home